Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jalapeño Popper Dip

This morning I woke up feeling refreshed & ready to cook. Rollin with 2 extra kids, sick hubby & teething very unhappy 5 month old what.was.i.thinking! I really wanted to get things cleaned up around the main living level & upstairs... My A.D.D was going off all kinds of crazy! I kept having to remind myself it's ok & cool...

I started with the dip and figured I could clean while the meat was cooking for the lasagna. (Here's that ADD thing again! Who knew lasagna was on the menu ?!?) I had a friend coming into town and wanted things done so we could have a great time together, and not worry about feeding my Klan! The popper dip done, mess clean and baby fed! Whoop Whoop! I was on-a-ROLL! (#ROLLTIDE!) The lasagna was made in a quickness and thrown into the fridge for later.... good thing I was a planner!


This dip I've made a handful of times, after the first time I made it....it was a request for parties/dinners & get togethers. Every time I make it different, not on purpose... I never follow a recipe & I for sure don't measure a thing!

-24 oz cream cheese
- 7-8 jalapeno's (NOT onAstIck bahah) (i used canned a few times, the fresh was better!)
-1/2c mayo
-1 c grated motzerella cheese
-4 palm fulls of parsley (or tablespoon)
-2 ^ ^ Each garlic & onion powder
-1 ^ ^ Dill
-Panko bread crumbs (enough to cover top of dip)
-bacon! No set amount- as much or little as you like (cooked crispy & chopped)
Sprinkle of salt & pepper



I always tell people I dont measure, so here's my method! 





Mix all the ingredients together, usually let the cream cheese sit out for a few hours to soften, add the herbs and let it sit! while thats going, grill/roast the jalapeños, however you prefer. I did it on the stove in a cast iron pan, took about an hour, keeping the heat on very low, simmer even! put a wet paper town in a zip lock & toss the jalapeños in the baggie for like... 30 minutes or so.. they'll be WAY easier to peel! you.are.welcome!










I never got the end pictures, it was gone soon after being cooked! This made A LOT! 

Bake @ 400 for about 15 minutes or until the bread crumbs on top are golden! Serve with Chips!



No comments:

Post a Comment