Wednesday, February 27, 2013

PCS to Construction!

I meant  to write this post lets say ooo 2 weeks and 2 days ago, the 10th to be exact!
When I found a house, on craiglist of all places I thought... and thought... I wasnt falling for it, again! Yes, again. I had already "secured" a house, I thought! Until the guy lost it or some other crappy bs. So. My mans cousin went to the house for us. Everything was legit, getting new floors, appliances, paint. All that jazz. We decide to secure this house and call it home! ...

We pack up Arizona, and make the drive to Colorado Springs! I wish it was that easy bahahaha.. seriously though, with 3 kids it wasnt half as bad as I thought it was going to be! The drive ( i did zero driving) was beautiful, the girls watched movies, ate snacks I had pre made for them and Koral played! We enjoyed xm or sirus radio, whatever it is and tons of laughs listening to Az and Amara argue... hilarious!

We ate these chicken nuggets with chic fil a sauce (i had kept and took with us! yaaa scooooreeee!!!!) at some random hotel (chillin at a holiday iinnnnn) in a city that i cant remember. after our kids ran around screaming about wanting to swim (well mostly azalea.... just her to be honest) and POOL POOL POOL! We made great timing, missed a huge storm and finally made it to CO!

The first night we stayed at a nice hotel, the kids swam and ran themselves (and me hahah) ragged! the pool was a little cold and the spa was ...weird... We get a call from the landlord "Frank" (who let me just tell you.. is some sort of asian and speaks awful english)  he says 9am isnt good, come at 11. Cool, we can sleep in!  

We go to our new home, all sooo excited! We meet Frank who shows Amara and I around (aron had to run & get something) he than says..... its not ready to move in yet. He needs to do a little cleaning and will be done at 6, is 6 good? Im thinking... yes, 6 is great! I was so happy and loved this house! Its bigger than we thought and has a lot more to offer than we had expected, its perfect!  .... we all know nothings perfect.   We had an amazing lunch with family and friends, met some cousins and it snowed! (its been snowing EVERDAY  since we got here.... )  Around 630 we round up the children and head home .
Frank is still here, and what is he doing? Cleaning... hammering.. and the garage is FULL OF SHIT! When I say full of shit, I mean dishwasherS (yea, two!), a bed, futon, NAILS and shit... I made it ver clear the garage HAD to be clean enough for us to park the escalade. Not happening.
He said he cleaned this and that but will he back tomorrow. Im kinda like... hmm okay. Im cool with that.
-This is where you grab the wine (or bowl) and things get interesting! Wish I wouldve been able to do BOTH!-
Im inside organizing somethings, while husband, his dad and my brother are unloading the uhaul trailer...in the snow, into the house. Im singing a little tune, who knows what and then MOTHER FUCK! HELL NO! The cabinets are a nasty ass mess... I start opening everything! I go nuts, the guys come in and my brother says something like "stop bringing in boxes" (hahahhaha_ )  Frank didn't clean SHIT! There was still MOUSE POISON and shit in the cabinets, I LOST it. That asian mother fucker told me he would pay me $20 to clean the kitchen bahahahahhaha THE FUCK YOU WILL.
I lost it. I may have even blacked out and tried taking something out of his arms. We finally agreed on $100 to clean the kitchen, after 20 minutes of arguing! WTF? Am I on crack or meth? Did I miss something? When you pay a deposit AND RENT isnt shit suppose to be handled?!?!

 After getting the ktichen debacle squared away, i started noticing all kinds of things that were not okay.  (OKAY is a mo frappin understatment!) husband was leaving the next day for chicago to get our stuff, and meeting his brother there. father in law was leaving early in the morining.... I was left alone to deal wtih a home under construction. this was going to be fun.

i made a list, handed it to frank the next day  and he wasnt happy when i mentioned jag. We lived in straight constrtuction for 2 days, had to kick them out after 7 one night!  I was like Hello this is MY home now, we want to go to SLEEP! you need to have this done TOMORROW. 2 weeks later... there are a few things that arent done but Ive dealt with it, really everything he did fix we could have done and more than a handful of stuff WE DID ourseflves with HIS STUFF when he was eating his egg rolls in the living room, looking at the contractors he hired, watching their every move! hahaha. geez!  He would seriously tell me "can you put your kids in bed so i can paint this door" i uhm NO! You take the door BACK down to where you brought it from and paint it OUTSIDE! you dont want to pain it in the cold? Ooo that sucks. I didnt want to live in a fucking handy manny episode!

this whole process has been nothing short of nightmare for someone who has ADD and anxiety! to top off the banging, hammering, glass shattering and air compressing that was going on... the kids couldnt play in the yard yet, cuz it was trashed (literally garbage everywhere) and when he did clean it up Amara found two shanks! (wish I wouldve taken pics!) We have to get ONE new tire on the escalade due to NAIL DAMAGE (are you FUCKING kidding!?!?!) nope, not a joke!

now that we have blinds on the windows, we are finally getting better sleep and not waking up at 3am thinking its later cuz of the SNOW! Hello SNOW! Ive never seen so much snow in my life. All it does is snow here...

Here are some pictures from inside I snapped quick last night before my ambien induced coma!

From the inside looking out! Brr!!!



Living room from front door.
 Living room from stairs in dinning room

Dinning Room. (table almost doesn't fit!)



Play room from dinning room stairs! (its a MESS!)



 PlayRoom!


Kitchen!


 Basement! aka. the dungeon






No comments:

Post a Comment